4 Years ago Kristi and I walked through winterhaven to see the lights - we both made a wish at the wishing tree that we would finally be able to start a family - one way or another.
Well - many failed attempts later, we finally received everything we could ever ask for. you kids are a handful, I often romanticize about running away with the dog, every now and again I wonder if slamming my head in a door would make my head stop hurting... but you guys are worth every moment. We could not fathom our lives any other way (even the times I dream of running away, I know I would probably forget my wallet and have to come back, or I would miss you guys and be back after a day or two).Christmas 2010 was the birth of the 2 gift monsters - the grandparents spoiled them and now they think presents are appropriate EVERYDAY! I am fortunate enough not to have to open my own presents on Christmas anymore - I have two helpers who are then disappointed to open a sweater - but i liked it. 92 gifts were not enough for these two - Kristi started wrapping toilet paper just to appease their appetites.

Here is Audrey channeling James Dean - we are very leinient with our children, but we have not allowed them to smoke - that is Audreysfirst french fry. diva alert!
Potty Training! there are way too many captions that can be inserted into the photo below. No we did not force our kids to sit on the toilet and play with their toys - this was a spontaneous moment. instead of reading a book or mag on the pot, it was imperative to drive the train closer. yes, the toys and hands were washed afterwards.
We have a few accidents here and there, but we successfully potty trained the boys in a week. unfortunately, the boys are obsessed with underwear. so, if you are ever approached by a 30" tall child and asked to see your underwear - whether you oblige him or not, do not judge and just know he/she must be potty training. And with all the "potty" talk, I made the mistake of referring to my underwear as "big boy pants" - I actually saw Kristi's love/affection for me wither as she looked at me. She did not flinch or smile, or even snark - she just starred blankly, asked if I just referred to my underwear as "big boy pants" and I saw the wheels in her head turn backwards... it was really sad. I would describe it the same way I felt the day I told her she could not wear her pink pants out to the store - she was shocked that I would make such a statement, but I was taken back that she thought the pink pants were acceptable - I thought it was laundry day, but suddenly realized, she wears those awful things A LOT. pics to follow - not of my underwear.
No comments:
Post a Comment